Loving parents are always concerned about the safety of their children, and the Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite 3 in 1 convertible car seat provides just the right thing. From all the available car seats on the market, this product is growing in popularity as it has undergone rigorous marketing strategies through the use of various brand names. Two of them are Eddie Bauer and Cosco, and these are no other than the same car seats sold under the name Safety 1st.
This car seat has a three-in-one design; it is convertible from rear to forward facing, vice versa. It also has excellent booster seat configurations, and these have proven to be cost saving in the long term.
Technical Details Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite 3 in 1 convertible car seat:
- Weight of item: 18 lbs
- Dimension: 25½” x 20” x 22”
- Place of Manufacture: USA
- Use of battery: None
- Configuration: Rear and front facing
- Minimum and maximum load capacity for rear facing: 5 to 35 lbs
- Minimum and maximum load capacity for forward facing: 22 to 40 lbs
- Weight recommendation for booster seat: 40 to 100 lbs
- Seat design: Three-in-one. Rear and forward facing are convertible with each other. Booster seat configurations are also available.
- Harness: 5 points and ‘QuickFit’
- Seat Recline with three positions
Features of Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite 3 in 1 Convertible Car Seat:
Three-in-one facing seat
This feature is recommended for newborn infants until they reach a certain age where they are able to utilize the forward facing option. Finally, when a child is about ready to use the regular car seat, for the transition process he should use the booster seat. This product is compatible with all three configurations. Therefore, there is no need for you to buy a separate car seat just for the purpose of obtaining the mentioned-above configurations.
Large, sturdy build-up
This item is undeniably gigantic in size and it can take quite a spacious area in your car. Nevertheless, as it contains three seating configurations the bulkiness seems to be forgiven by many parents. After all, if the main purpose of using this item is to place your baby inside your vehicle, you don’t even need to move it anymore once it is attached to the seat base.
American Safety Standard Compliance
The manufacturer for Safety 1st car seats is proud to admit its compliance with the American safety standards. Having this said, the company’s first priority is to ensure safety among all children who use its products. Some of the safety measures that they abide by are the side impact protection and EPP energy absorbent foam. The maximum load capacity is only 35 lbs, and this is five pounds less than the standard limit of a number of other convertible seats. However, when looking at the three-in-one configuration feature, by far this is the best one around.
A comfortable car seat
The manufacturing company has taken great pains in producing car seats that are really comfortable for children to use. As a matter of fact, some of this car seat’s comfort features couldn’t be found in many other brand names especially the ones coming from similar price range. It does not matter where you place the car seat; be it behind the front passenger’s seat, behind the driver’s seat or in between these two; your child will definitely enjoy a comfortable riding experience.
Adjustable arm rests
The arms rests are built for comfy and they are completely adjustable. Therefore, you can always change their position to any angles that your child feels most comfortable. This is somewhat a rare feature; it is difficult to be found elsewhere.
Be it in the rear or forward configuration, with the seat’s nice recline your child can enjoy the outdoor view whenever he wants to, and feels most comfortable when he wants to rest his head down or take a nap.
Removable cup holder
This is an extra feature adored mostly by parents. Even small toys and things that your baby enjoys can be placed on the slot. You can easily remove the holder, so you can wash it as many times as you want. Thus, tidiness and cleanliness can be maintained at all times.
- Protective padding available; suitable for sitting and resting
- A comfort pillow is available for bigger babies; this provides added comfort especially during long trips
- Newborn head rest feature for extra comfort
- Safety compliance latch system is used and it’s easy to install
- Latch connector takes only sixty minutes to install
- Ease of harness strap adjustments
- Some finds the newborn head rest too high for an infant’s head
- It’s easier to remove the seat base to convert from forward to rear facing, but some feel removing the base is rather a time-consuming effort
- Smaller cars may face some difficulties to install the seat base due to space limitation