Although there are many advanced car seats on the market these days, Maxi Cosi Prezi infant car seat is still adored by a lot of users. One of the reasons might be due to the seat’s European design added with impressive safety features including anti rebound and energy absorbent foam.
For sure, many people would take a glance at this best infant car seat at least once upon their first encounter. It has a minimalist canopy, but this isn’t looked at as a drawback but rather an advantage. Additionally, it has an attractive looking foot cover that acts as weather boot to protect your baby’s feet when exposed to cold temperatures. This feature also holds blankets for covering your baby’s body excellently. Such a difference in appearance has definitely attracted more buyers to get their hands on this lovely product.
Technical details of Maxi Cosi Prezi Infant Car Seat:
- Approximate height for harness slot: 6½ inches – 10½ inches in half an inch increments
- Interior shell height: 18 inches
- Interior depth for seat pan: 15 inches
- Positions for crotch strap: 4 inches and 6 inches
- Biggest base width: 13½ inches
- Base length: 24½ inches
- Biggest carrier width: 17 inches at the pivot point of the handle
- Total weight for carrier: 11.7 pounds
- Design: rear facing
- Minimum to maximum load capacity: 4 to 30 pounds
- Maximum height allowance: 29 inches tall
- Five height spots for harness
- A pair of crotch strap slots for newborn use
- Five easy to adjust base points
- A handle with two positions
- Airplane travel approval
- A lifespan of six years
Best Features of Maxi Cosi Prezi Infant Car Seat:
No seat base requirement
Unlike many other infant car seats, this one can do without the base. Although it will be more convenient for parents when the base is installed, this is not a mandatory requirement. Thus, you can put aside some savings on this aspect. You need to take an extra step to make sure that the car seat sits firmly on every occasion, though. With regular practise, this shouldn’t be a major problem as you will get used to it over time.
Double recline angles
It is such a blessing that this car seat has two sets of recline angles. When your child is still an infant weighing from four to eleven pounds, the first recliner becomes handy. Once your baby grows bigger and taller and weighs more than eleven pounds up to thirty pounds, the second recliner will save the day. With these two recliners, you don’t have to consider buying a new car seat at all.
The total weight for the carrier is just 11.7 pounds. This is considered lightweight when compared to other car seats coming from the similar range. Since it is quite easy to carry, this item becomes the favorite among single mothers or caretakers who have to travel with a baby alone. You can lift it up and transfer it into the stroller within a minute.
Airplane travel approval
This is a very well-thought feature that many parents do appreciate. If you are traveling abroad with a baby, it could be a daunting and costly task if you have to buy another car seat just because you couldn’t bring it along. As this one has been approved by the FAA, you can simply bring it with you to any destinations of your choice.
G Cell energy absorbent foam
The foam is there to enable absorption of energy whenever there is an impact caused by collision. Thus, during accidents injuries can be minimized or eliminated altogether.
One-click for base attachment and detachment
This feature proves to be a time saver as placing or removing the car seat on or from the base is super easy. At the same time, the harness does not get into the way when you want to place or pick up your child.
Padding all over the cover
This feature does not only provide comfort to the occupant but it also prevents unexpected injuries. Babies are explorative in nature and they might reach out to feel the exterior part of the car seat. With the whole surface covered with enough padding, all surfaces are smooth to the touch and won’t scratch your baby’s delicate skin.
- Compatible with strollers coming from the same brand name (Maxi-Cosi); thus an effective travel system can be created
- Latch connection at the lower end uses the premium push-on method
- The seat is very deep; this provides ample leg room and prevents your baby from climbing out
- Bottom of seat very smooth; no additional lining is necessary
- Too long; this creates more hassles if your baby doesn’t reach the maximum height allowed for this unit
- Narrower than similar models with maximum of 16½ inches wide; chubbier babies might find this not a really good fit