The First Years Via infant car seat is growing in popularity. It has earned recognition from the for being a five star, user-friendly product. Designed for the convenience of parents and babies alike, this car seat is provided with a vehicle seat base, lock offs and belt paths. The double wall construction allows for comfortable riding experience. Parents are grateful for the padding can be cleaned with ease. Harness adjustment can be done with one hand only, and the seat handle is super easy to manoeuvre. This unit fits nicely into First Years’ Wave, Wisp and Indigo strollers.
Technical Details of The First Years Via infant car seat:
Weight: 11½ lbs
Dimension: 17½” x 26½” x 25”
Place of Manufacture: Imported
Lowest recommended weight: 5 lbs
Highest recommended weight: 35 lbs
Maintenance requirement: Spot clean
Battery: Not needed
Design: Rear facing
Features of The First Years Via infant car seat:
This car seat has undergone series of tests to meet with international safety standards. The base is designed to carry loads weighing from five to thirty-five pounds conveniently. The double wall construction adds comfort and extra safety for babies. This unit works fine without the base if the load doesn’t exceed twenty-two pounds. The handle is designed to rebound upon the presence of an impact to protect the baby during a car crash.
This best infant car seat has 5 point harness that can be adjusted and this eliminates the need for rethreading. The car seat base is easy to install and detach, and it stays on place. There are two angle indicators built in the unit to ensure that the seat is inserted properly. This unit is also attached with lock offs, efficient latch system and belt paths with color codes to allow fast and easy seat installation.
The interior area of the car seat is spacious enough to provide total comfort to the occupant. The seat is well cushioned, so a baby won’t feel tired or uncomfortable even when he sits in it for two straight hours. The pad is easy to clean, thus proper hygiene can be maintained at all times. The handle is wrapped with a wide elbow padding to provide ease of use and comfort. There is also an information frame attached to the handle that provides a convenient place for keeping important phone numbers and medical information.
The First Years Via infant car seat comes with a one year warranty. Once purchased, simply fill out the given warranty form and post it to the manufacturer’s correspondence address to be eligible for any related claims. Any defects, repairs and replacements will be entertained for free during the warranty period, subject to specific terms and conditions laid down by the manufacturer.
Easy to follow manual
The given manual is easy to follow as it contains step by step procedure on how to install the car seat and its base. Users do not need to have deep technical knowledge in order to understand the given instructions.
The fabric of the car seat has a nice design that portrays the universal gender rather than biased to one gender only. Thus, it is suitable to be used for a baby boy or girl. From the aspect of the fabric, it feels smooth to the touch, appears elegant and more presentable than most other car seats available on the market.
Since the car seat is more spacious than many others, it can be used for bigger and taller children. Children aged a little more than one year old can still use it without problem. Thus, this is a great investment to make as parents do not need to buy a second car seat as this one goes a long way.
- Quality materials making it highly durable
- Although quite bulky, the car seat alone without the base isn’t too heavy
- Baby-friendly in nature – ideal for long distance traveling
- Two harness points for height adjustments provide simple and quick solutions
- Adjustable handle makes it easy for different individuals to use it according to their preferred comfort level
- This is one of the affordable price range car seat
- Can be passed from one child to the next as it can last for years
- Design placed on fabric – making it appear nice and trendy
- Impact on side collision can be minimized effectively
- Unlikely to trip over due to strong and firm seat base
- Seat base can be detached in a snap whenever the need arises
- Can only fit into certain strollers
- A second car seat base needs to be purchased if two cars are used to transport your baby
- Canopy is too small and doesn’t shield the baby from sunlight as much as it should
- Cover is not water resistant and is not machine washable