One of the best convertible car seat is definitely the Recaro ProRide. This brand name is very popular throughout the world. The company is proud of its ability to produce high quality infant car seats along with its other automotive products.
Recaro ProRide is a combination of two car seat designs coming from the same family, namely the Como and Signo lines.
• Weight: 20.5 pounds
• Configuration 1: Rear facing (for child weighing 5 to 35 pounds, and maximum of 37.5” tall)
• Configuration 2: Forward facing (for child weighing 20 to 70 pounds, and maximum of 50” tall)
• Soft head wings (adjustable)
• Harness: 5 points
• Dimension: 29.8” x 24.2” x 20.6”
• Place of Manufacture: USA
• Lowest recommended weight: 5 lbs
• Highest recommended weight: 65 lbs
• Maintenance requirement: Hand wash only
• Quantity per sale: 1
The latch system comes complete with the storage compartment so you can keep it neatly and away from view. The latch is applicable for both the rear and forward facing. It is also compatible for slots if you prefer to install your car seat via your vehicle’s seatbelt.
For forward facing configuration, the car seat uses the Belt Lockoff system. It locks your vehicle’s seatbelt in order to hold the infant car seat firmly in its place.
Harness with 5 Points:
The 5-point harness is easy to use as it can be adjusted easily. It is comprised of the front harness and side knobs. The former is for ease of adjustment and the latter is for height adjustment.
Injury Avoidance Construction:
This infant car seat is specially designed to reduce probabilities of injuries on the important parts of the body including the head, face and pelvis area. This is made possible with the construction of excessively large wings and shell. These are made using the reinforcement of EPS Energy Absorbent Foam.
Aircraft Entrance Approval:
Due to the excellent design of this car seat, you are allowed to take it with you into an aircraft. Users are allowed to install it in both methods – rear and forward facing.
Clear Manual Guide:
The instructions on how to install this item are very clear. The manufacturer has even inserted several images to help in the process of installation. One can hardly go wrong in completing the installation. Most people could get theirs done in fifteen minutes or less.
Effective Adjuster Flap:
Adjusting a baby in the seat is super easy even when the baby wiggles. You only need to lift the adjuster flap at the front part of the seat. Then, find the metal part and lift it. To loosen, pull on the harness and to tighten, the adjuster strap is the one to pull until the harness snugs close to your baby.
The material making up the car seat is very high in quality. It is breathable; thus, it provides comfort even for the sweatiest baby. Along the side of the car seat, you will find mesh for material – it helps in air circulation, feels plush and full of comfort.
Removable and washable material:
It does not take long for one to take off the material for cleaning. To take it off, simply pull on several selected spots where the cover attaches to the shell of the seat. You can only wash it by hand, but this isn’t difficult either. All you need to do is soak it in warm water mixed with a bit of gentle detergent and let it sit for one night. The following day, simply rinse it off with clean water and hang it to dry. Putting it back is also simple – just follow what the manual guide shows and you’ll be right on track.
Varieties of colors:
There are some exciting themed color options waiting to be selected, namely Misty, Midnight and Blue Opal.
- Generous cushion in the side impact area – the texture is moderate, not too hard or soft so as to absorb momentum in the perfect way
- Pockets for the straps – beneficial when positioning a wiggling baby
- High seat – The seat sits up high and makes it easy for your baby to see the view through the car window
- In average, the car seat can be used for at least through kindergarten
- Head rests are closer to the side of a baby’s head; neck injuries can be avoided as side to side neck whip lash could be prevented
- Very easy to fit the seat in any sizes or types of cars
- It’s an effortless attempt to adjust the harness and head rest
- Colors are more masculine, and admittedly not really girly so it’s more suitable for boys
- Cover not machine washable – can be troublesome to those who do not prefer manual washing
- Not ideal for some newborns as the baby could be too small and the straps could not be positioned accurately