Best Convertible Car Seats Review: Evenflo Tribute 5
If you are concerned about budget and looking for an affordable car seat, the Evenflo Tribute 5 convertible car seat makes the perfect choice for you. Suitable with its economical price, the fabric of the seat is not the most comfortable one around. However, for newborns and lighter babies this item seems comfortable enough. Protection is totally ensured when it comes to this car seat, so that its a best convertible car seat in its category. With its moderate size, this item is easier to carry and remove.
This car seat is a product of comfort, safety and convenience; it benefits children for traveling purposes without snatching away a big investment from mom’s and dad’s pocket. Built to be average in size, it fits nicely in all types of vehicles, big and small. A plush head pillow is present for extra comfort. The body of the seat is covered with comfortable cushioning to provide long-lasting comfort during long trips.
Evenflo is one of the pioneers in children car seats, and it is highly concerned about children’s safety. Based on reported car vehicle accidents, out of four instances, one ended up in fatality. As this is a serious condition, the company has taken a step forward to create its own series of safety compliant car seats including this one, the Tribute 5 Convertible.
Technical Details of Evenflo Tribute 5 convertible car seat:
- Weight of item: 11.6 lbs
- Dimension: 18” x 17” x 25”
- Place of Manufacture: USA & Imported
- Focused Buyer: Both Genders
- Lowest recommended weight: 5 lbs
- Highest recommended weight: 40 lbs
- Other support feature: Easy to adjust head support
- Quantity per sale: 1
- Battery requirement: Not applicable
- Design: front and rear facing
- Harness points: 5
- Capacity for seating: 40.00
Features of Evenflo Tribute 5 convertible car seat:
Lightweight build-up and narrow interior
These two features make the perfect choice for mothers who need to travel with their babies alone. Some car seats can be pretty heavy but this one can be lifted easily even by a petite, aged lady. As this unit can be transferred quite easily, it can be used on top of a compatible stroller for added comfort, style and practicality. The narrow interior seating area is also designed for ease of carriage. The only drawback is when a bigger baby wants to use it; it might not fit very well.
Easy front to rear conversion
You will find a piece located beneath the seat and you need to flip it forward to convert the seat into rear facing position. If you want to resume to the former position, simply flip the piece on a backward motion. If the seat is properly intact, the piece cannot be flipped anymore. However, in most instances you are likely to use it for one child only. Thus it’s not too often that you need to flip the piece to convert from front to rear facing, vice-versa.
Adjustable shoulder strap and crotch buckle
Every baby fits differently into a car seat. Therefore, you need to adjust the height of the shoulder strap and crotch buckle for your baby to suit his individual fit. When doing so, the good thing is you don’t have to rethread the strap and buckle. It’s very easy and quick to get the perfect fit. When you want to adjust the length of the shoulder strap, use the front adjuster. This is done by pushing a button located at the front of the seat and pulling the straps to make them loose. After that, on the adjuster, pull the strap to tighten the grip and achieve a good fit.
Special latch and tether system
Some parents do not need these features, but these are rather nice to have. You can hang both latches and tether whenever you don’t need them. Thus, your baby is protected from unnecessary harm like being strangled or hit by accident.
- Infant head support is included for added comfort.
- Fabric is of vinyl, so cleaning is super easy as dirt and grease can be removed through wiping.
- Totally removable seat cover, making it easy to toss into the washing machine. It is also spin-dry compatible; thus, eliminating the need to squeeze out water residue the manual way.
- Although cheap, unlike other gigantic car seats, this one is super easy to install.
- Easy to carry and transfer into and from suitable strollers.
- Compact in size.
- Two people can sit at the back seat together with this infant car seat; literally space-saving.
- Cup holder is not made to last long as it appears flimsy and does not attach firmly to the seat.
- The manual guide mentioned specifically that the cup holder must only be used for paper and foam cups. In most cases, babies only use sippy cups and these are made of plastic. Thus, the use of the cup holder seems quite irrelevant.
- To make the seat levelled with the ground, a rolled up towel might be needed.