If you are looking for the best convertible car seat, the Chicco NextFit fits the criteria well enough. There is no denying that this product exceeds the expectation of consumers due to its simple installation.
You can say that Chicco Nextfit convertible car seat belongs in the group of high-end car seats. It does not matter who does the installation; even a grandmother can get this item installed properly under sixty seconds. This is all possible due to its effective SuperCinch latch system.
The manufacturer has taken great pains to design a car seat that is super easy to use the proper way. In fact, it’s rather impossible to misuse it if you already have the intention to do it right.
Technical Details of Chicco Nextfit Convertible Car Seat:
- Weight of item: 15 lbs
- Dimension: 19” x 26” x 20½“
- Place of Manufacture: Imported
- Lowest recommended weight: 5 lbs
- Highest recommended weight: 65 lbs
- Battery utilization: Not applicable
- Dimension: Rear and forward facing
- Harness setting (height): Lowest – 5½“ (newborn insert); 7½“ (no insert)
- Harness setting (height): Tallest – 17½”
- Buckle strap positions: 3” (newborn insert); 4” @ 6” (no insert)
- Leg room: 14”
- Interior highest seated height: 26”
The infant insert is provided to give a good fit for newborns and infants weighing less than 12 pounds. With the insert, an infant can snuggle in comfortably and the harness will not pinch under his delicate skin. The insert can be removed and washed like normal.
There are two positions for the chest clip, and these contribute to extra holding and that the occupant is kept in the seat safe and sound.
Ride right bubble levels
These bubble levels are used to adjust the position of the car seat to a comfortable one with ease
Integrated slide path
When you want to convert the car seat into forward facing integration, simply use the integrated slide path as it repositions the latch strap easily and rethreading is not necessary.
ready to move to forward-facing, an integrated slide path makes it easy to re-position the latch strap without re-threading.
There are also two positions for the scrotch strap so that a baby stays in the seat comfortably and safely.
SuperCinch latch system
This particular latch system ensures that baby stays put and comfortable regardless of its body size, weight and height. The latch can be tightened to obtain the perfect fit.
EPS foam system
The EPS foam system ensures that energy due to impact is absorbed so that a baby who uses the car seat is protected from injuries.
When you want to install the car seat in a rear or forward facing, make sure you use the lock off system. This is especially important when you are installing the car seat using your vehicle’s seat belt.
This car seat uses special level indicators coming in the form of dual liquid bubble. One is used for rear facing and the other for forward facing.
There are nine recline spots or positions. Any position is applicable for both rear and forward facing in order to obtain a proper recline angle.
Smooth bottom base
This is a highly beneficial feature as the smooth bottom of the base prevents any possibilities of damage to your vehicle’s seat cover, be it made of fabric, leather or polyester.
The NextFit had been tested for installation in various types of vehicles, big and small. Both types of installations, rear and forward facing, had been done successfully using both the latch and seatbelt method. The only problem found was when it was installed with a seat-belt that originates from the ceiling.
The cup holder holds cup firmly
- Tethering – compulsory when it involves installations for forward facing car seats
- Storage compartment – whenever you are not using the tether you can keep it inside the available storage compartment located at the back of the shell.
- Latch system installation – only when your baby weighs 5 – 40 pounds.
- Seat belt installation – compulsory when your baby weighs more than 40 pounds.
- Easy to install due to SuperCinch technology
- Adjustable recline
- Shoulder pads are removable and can be machine washed and spun dry
- Allows babies to use the rear facing option longer than other car seats
- The seat is heavy in a good way as it cradles the baby
- Fits nicely even in small cars
- Comfortable even for long trips
- Straps are very difficult to tighten when it involves rear facing installation
- Strap pads may cause red marks due to friction on baby’s neck
- Seat very difficult to clean
- Some concerned about the foam being toxic