The Britax Marathon 70-G3 convertible car seat is quite bulky in appearance. While some parents may be concerned with its size, many are not affected by this at all. The thing is, when installed properly behind the front passenger’s seat, it should fit well regardless of the size of your car. The only thing you need to do is to tip your seat up a little bit, and this proves to be a trivia issue.
You can always place the car seat in the middle. After all, this is the safest place where you should place your baby. It’s easier for you to reach out from your driver’s seat as well. You’ll be amazed to see how nicely it fits into the center area.
The installation part isn’t that difficult at all. If you are a tech phobic don’t worry as detailed explanation is given in the manual guide. If you follow through accordingly, you can get this best convertible car seat installed in no time.
Technical details of Britax Marathon 70-G3 Convertible Car Seat:
- Design: rear and front facing
- Weight/Mass: 19½ lbs
- Dimension: 21” x 18½” x 26”
- Place of Manufacture: USA & Imported
- Lowest allowed load capacity: 5 lbs
- Highest allowed load capacity: 70 lbs
- Product Intended for: Toddlers
- Quantity per sale: 1
- Theme: Marathon
- Use of batteries: None
- Harness points: 5
Features of Britax Marathon 70-G3 Convertible Car Seat:
Excellent Latch System
Unlike many other car seat models, this one uses the latch system to secure the car seat into the back of the passenger’s seat. Thus, no seat belts are necessary for the attachment. The best part is the locking system of the latch, where it clicks conveniently and safely in its place once installed. You can expect the car seat to stay in its place – it won’t move even one millimeter. It won’t sway or rock either.
Instant base leveling
Once secured into place, you will find no issues in leveling the base whatsoever. It will never become slanted or pointed to one direction due to gravity. There will be no need for you to use the ridiculous pool noodle or used towel that you have to manually roll and place at the base.
Although the cover is made of 100% polyester, it feels soft and smooth to the touch. You can be rest assured that your baby can snuggle comfortably in the car seat. There is enough padding on the seat as well, and this ensures further comfort.
Effective strap holder
At the sides of the car seat you will find the Velcro. This is a good addition as it can hold the straps and prevents them from tucking beneath your baby’s bottom. At the same time, the Velcro blocks the straps from digging into your baby’s legs. Where the buckle is located, you will find more padded material that provides further protection and comfort to your baby.
Top notch harness system
The harness has five different points altogether. This allows for the adjustments in five different height positions. You can do this without having to dismantle the harness. The car seat does not have to be removed from the base as well.
Two buckle spots
These two buckle spots provide the perfect fit for your baby as he grows over time. The system is called the EZ-Buckle, and it prevents your baby from getting injured or feeling uncomfortable due to having to sit on it when you first put him on the seat.
Seven years of lifespan
This feature is very good especially for a big family as the car seat makes the perfect traveling solution for every baby in the family. The lifespan can even be extended to one or two years more with careful handling and regular maintenance.
- Uses safecell technology to allow compression during a car crash and limiting any harsh impact due to collision
- Made in USA car seat and Imported
- Integrating steel bars to improve connection strength to the car and minimizes possibilities of forward flexing upon an impact
- Versa-tether absorbs energy and releases tether webbing in stages to prevent sudden and harsh forward movement upon a crash
- EPP foam at the sides protects a baby from head, neck and body injuries
- Additional maximum load capacity, i.e. 70 lbs instead of 35 lbs among regular car seats
- Flexible orientation as the car seat can be adjusted to rear and forward facing
- Instruction manual appears rather confusing and vague
- Excessively heat absorbent, making it an unpleasurable experience for babies when the car seat is exposed to a lot of sun even when it is only for a few minutes
- Can turn out to be a difficult attempt to hook the straps intact
- Seems more practical to use during all seasons except summer; this is a downfall as most people would travel during this time of the year